This 3-ingredient Indian-inspired cocktail has a dirty secret: it’s made with mango chutney!
I used Haldiram’s khatti meethi chutney, which is found in the frozen section of most Indian grocery stores. The chutney has a combo of mango, salt, chili powder, ginger, coriander, cumin, black pepper, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon – a beautiful medley of Indian flavors.
Using chutney makes this cocktail super fast and easy to make. The texture is a lot like simple syrup, which is perfect for a cocktail.
I genuinely thought about making my own chutney or simple syrup, but why bother, when Haldiram has already done the work for us?
So take the easy route. Let your friends think you slaved away making a fancy cocktail for them. Use the time you saved to kick your feet up and enjoy one of these before your guests arrive. It’s one of my favorite new entertaining hacks!
Note: This recipe makes 2 cocktails, so multiply it if you’re making this for a crowd.
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1.5 ounces lemon juuce
- 1.5 ounces Haldiram’s khatti meethi chutney
- 1 cup ice, plus more for serving
- Fresh mango or orange slices for garnish
- Pour bourbon, lemon juice, and khatti meethi chutney into a cocktail shaker, along with 1 cup of ice. Shake for 30 seconds or until outside of cocktail shaker is frosty.
- If serving immediately, strain and pour into an ice-filled glass and garnish with mango or orange slices. If you’re making this to serve later, refrigerate the cocktail and serve alongside ice so guests can add their own.