This is an easy, comforting soup perfect for fall. Just roast the veggies and throw them in a blender with the spices and broth and blend away!
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1lb, 4 ounces (20 ounces) butternut squash peeled, cubed, and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, plus more to drizzle on top
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Juice of 1 lime plus more for serving
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place butternut squash and onion on a large baking sheet and toss in olive oil and salt. Bake for 40 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- Add squash, onions, broth, ginger, garlic, chili flakes, lime juice, red curry paste, and 1/2 cup coconut milk to a high speed blender. Blend until completely smooth. Taste and add more salt, curry paste, chili flakes, or veggie broth if needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of coconut milk, more fresh limes and a sprig of cilantro