Ever crave dessert for breakfast but don’t want to feel toooo guilty about it? Try this crisp. It’s a cinch to throw together and can easily be adapted to use any seasonal fruit. The oats, almond butter, and almond flour add protein while the agave adds just a hint of sweetness.
This recipe makes about 4-6 servings, so I like to make it on the weekend and heat up the leftovers on busy weekday mornings.
You start by coarsely chopping up a large pear. I used Bartlett but you could also try Bosc.
Then pile on some berries.
Make a simple crumble of oats, almond butter, almond meal, and a sweetener, and throw it on.
Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Okay, I might have overbaked this one by a minute or two.
And here’s the close up.
Aren’t those berries lovely?
- 1 large pear chopped
- 12 oz mixed berries (I used blueberries and raspberries)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- Optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place fruit in baking dish (loaf pan or 8×8 pan).
- Mix oats, almond flour, almond butter, agave, and cinnamon until texture resembles coarse crumbs
- Sprinkle mixture on fruit
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.