There are some condiments that just make everything better. One of those is hot honey. I love it on pizza, veggie dishes, and even in chaat (Indian street food) sometimes.
Now, about these peppers. They’re delicious. Think sweet, grilled peppers, a tangy goat cheese-Greek yogurt filling and a dash of spicy hot honey. You can brighten up the goat cheese mixture with whatever fresh herb you have on hand. I chose thyme, but basil or parsley could be great too.
These are so simple and easy, they’d be a great last minute appetizer, side dish for a weeknight dinner, or finger food for a barbecue or picnic. They’re even kinda low carb-ish if you go easy on the honey.
- 25 mini bell peppers
- 11 ounce log goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh herb of your choice, finely chopped
- Hot honey, for drizzling
- On a grill pan, grill peppers over high heat until blistered, about 2 minutes each side. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whip together goat cheese, Greek yogurt, and herbs. Note: You can use an electric beater or stand mixer to make this easier.
- Cut a slit in each pepper, and gently scoop out seeds using your fingers or a small spoon.
- Fill each pepper with a heaped tablespoon of goat cheese. Drizzle with hot honey and serve.