Guys, if you’re looking for a delicious guilt free way to eat carbs, this is it. Sweet potatoes not only have more flavor than regular potatoes, they have a lower glycemic index and are filled with lots of antioxidants. Instead of your typical aioli, these are topped with a creamy sauce of miso and tahini. It’s a bar snack that loves you back.
Ingredients – potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients – sauce & garnish
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablesooons white miso paste
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly pan toasted
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add water, potatoes, salt and baking soda to a 3 quart saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil potatoes for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and cool for 5 minutes.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil. Arrange on silicone lined baking tray and bake for 40 minutes, turning each potato over about halfway through.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce by whisking tahini, miso, sesame oil, vinegar, and hot water in a small microwaveable bowl. If lumpy, feel free to put your sauce in the microwave for 10-15 seconds at a time.
- Remove your potatoes from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Drizzle miso-tahini sauce on top and sprinkle on sesame seeds and green onions. Serve.