I love blended margaritas. There aren’t too many SF restaurants that serve them, but luckily they’re super easy to make at home.
I especially love margaritas with real fruit. I’ve had plenty of strawberry and mango margs, but with Cinco de Mayo around the corner, I really wanted to try one with pineapple.
This one is unique and refreshing and not too sweet. The jalapeno adds a little kick and the cilantro brings freshness. If you want, you can add a bit of sweetener, like agave or simple syrup, depending on how ripe your pineapple is.
Tip: For super sweet frozen pineapples, let a fresh pineapple get super ripe, then cut into chunks and freeze. This comes in super handy for smoothies or blended drinks like this.
Serve with a side of chips, salsa, and some J Balvin.
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur such as Triple Sec, Grand Marnier, or Cointreau
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Chile lime salt (optional)
- Combine pineapple chunks, ice, lime, tequila, orange liqueur, jalapeno, and cilantro in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Wet glasses and dip in chile lime salt.
- Pour margaritas into glasses and serve immediately.