Goat cheese = “Greatest of all time” cheese.
Yeah I know it’s ironic because my blog has another incredible cheese literally in the name. But goat cheese is the first fancy cheese I was introduced to, and now I’m inexplicably loyal to it. It’s creamy, tangy, and goes surprisingly well with these nachos. The texture and flavor profile is similar to sour cream, so it makes a fun substitute.
Now let’s talk about nachos. If I were on my deathbed, I mighg choose them as my last meal on Earth. Seriously.
Anyway, go make these and pair them with these Pineapple jalapeno cilantro margaritas. Salud!
- 16 oz sturdy tortilla chips
- 5 oz goat cheese log
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 8 oz shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 small avocado diced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup serrano salsa
- 1 15 oz can beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chile lime salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lime (optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange chips on a large sheet pan
- In a small saucepan, combine black beans, cumin, garlic, paprika, chile powder, and chile salt. Cook over medium heat, gently mashing and stirring until mixture is thick (about 10 minutes). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and jalapenos with a fork.
- Top chips with beans, then shredded cheese, then goat cheese mixture. Place in oven and remove when shredded cheese is melted (about 8-10 minutes).
- Top chips with avocado, serrano salsa, pico de gallo, and cilantro. Serve immediately.