As a lacto-vegetarian (i.e., one who doesn’t eat eggs), it can be hard to find breakfast options with protein. But between the Greek yogurt (11.5 grams per serving), walnuts (3 grams per serving), and the high protein granola (6 grams per serving), these parfaits pack a protein punch.
This is my “breakfast of champions” before a day full of summer BBQs, backyard parties, and other 4th of July celebrations that involve day drinking and sugary foods.
The recipe makes two parfaits but you can easily scale it and make it for a crowd.
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup granola*
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raspberries and chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries and blackberries
*I recommend a high protein brand like Bear Naked, which has 6 grams of protein per serving
- In a small bowl, mix Greek yogurt and agave syrup until combined.
- In another small bowl, mix granola and walnuts. Set aside 2 tablespoons for topping.
- In wine tumblers, layer red fruit, yogurt, granola, and blue fruit until all mixtures are used.
- Top each parfait with a spoon of the granola-walnut mixture you set aside.
- Serve immediately.